Welcome to the 4th International Summer School and Symposium on Humour and Laughter
The 4th International Summer School and Symposium on Humour and Laughter was held at the University of Wolverhampton, UK between September 6 and 11 2004.
The 5th International Summer School and Symposium on
"Humour and laughter: Theory, research and application" will take place at the University
of Tübingen in July 2005 (25th-30th). Local organizers are Barbara Wild and Irina Falkenberg.
Visit www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/ukpp/summer-school for more information.
(See a Virtual Tour of the City Campus)
Following on from the highly successful summer schools in 2001 and 2002
at Queen's University, Belfast and 2003 in Edinburgh, the event deals
with the Theory, Research and Applications of humour and laughter, and
is aimed at new research students just beginning their careers, or
trained researchers considering a first research project on humour, and
those applying humour in their profession.
About the school
- Willibald Ruch (Psychology, Zurich University, Switzerland)
- Frances Binns (Therapeutic & Specialised Play Consultant)
- Deirdre Burke (The University of Wolverhampton, UK)
- Ed Dunkelblau (Psychologist & Director of the Institute of Emotionally Intelligent Learning, USA)
- Christian F. Hempelmann (University of Memphis, USA)
- Birgit Hertzberg Kaare (University of Oslo, Norway)
- Giselinde Kuipers (Winner of the Emerging Scholar Award of ISHS02, Netherlands)
- Paul McDonald (The University of Wolverhampton, UK)
- Graeme Ritchie (Senior Research Fellow, University of Aberdeen, UK)
- Jason Rutter (The University of Manchester, UK)
- Patty Wooten (Therapeutic Humour Consultant, USA)
This year the Humour Summer School programme is in two parts. Part One
covers the fundamentals and general overview of Humour, Psychology and
Linguistics for those who have not attended a Summer School before over
the first two days. Part Two takes the programme into the many
different areas within the humour field from day three.
Newcomers to the Summer School will attend for all six days, and those
who have attended previous summer schools have the option of joining
from day three.
Find out more about the school in our summary of the planned activities.
Limited places - Register NOW for early bird discount!
Places are limited, so register now to be sure of your place. Our Payment and accommodation details have all you need to know. If you register before June 1, you could also save £50 off the ticket price.
This summer school is endorsed by the International Society of Humour Studies (ISHS) (opens in a new window).
Delegates! Why not get in touch using the Yahoo Discussion group (opens in a new window) on the Summer School!